I’m pretty sure that I’ve found the perfect brownie recipe.
Look at this crinkly top (and ignore the hole in the center).
And the texture was perfect. Fudgy but slightly chewy. And chocolatey.
They disappeared quicker than I could take pictures of them, so I think they must have been good. My friend, who doesn’t even like chocolate, thought they were amazing.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 8×8 inch square pan.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and water. Cook over medium heat until boiling. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the chocolate mixture. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until brownies set up. Do not overbake! Cool in pan and cut into squares.